SKILL LEVEL - Beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Light- to medium-weight drapey fabrics, such as viscose (rayon), chambray, cotton voile, double gauze, or crepe. Or read Tilly's tips on how to make Bettine in jersey!
cotton voile, lawn or chambray. If you’re a confident stitcher, try a delicate crêpe or georgette.
- Fabric – 2m (2 ¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 3m (3 ¼ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread
- Your waist measurement in 9-12mm (1/2in) wide elastic
- 0.3m (1/2 yard) iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- Optional: 2 x 1.5-2cm (5/8-3/4in) buttons for cuff tabs
- Medium-large safety pin
- Sewing machine and basic tools